We Recommit Ourselves To Professionalism



The NEWS Newspaper is today climaxing activities marking its 30th anniversary with an official program held at the Lutheran Compound, 13th Street in Sinkor, during which several personalities including President Dr. George Manneh Weah will be certificated for the level of progress made in Liberia during 2018.

The Paper Was established by Prof. Wilson K. Tarpeh and others as the voice of the voiceless and made its maiden appearance on the newsstand on April 24, 1989.

Since Then, The NEWS continuous to strive against the odds, ranging from arbitrary closure by government to arbitrary arrests and detentions of journalists working with the paper.

In spite of such odds, The NEWS has remained privately-owned, self-supported and a critical voice on issues of national governance.

The paper Is published by the Liberia Media and Marketing Services Ltd. About 90 percent of its income comes from advertisements while the remaining 10 percent comes from sales.

The paper covers wide range of issues including social, sports, political and the economy as well as culture, among others.

Over The Years, The NEWS has kept its objectives of the founding fathers by remaining the voice of the voiceless and providing space for all.

As We Officially celebrate our 30th anniversary today, we recommit ourselves to professionalism, which is the hallmark of any reliable media institution.

This paper, through its reportage will at all times seek to uphold good ethical standard for which it was established.

Though In The past, The NEWS was a victim on many occasions of arbitrary arrests and other forms of intimidations, nevertheless, it still maintained and kept its professionalism, something we recommit ourselves to maintaining no matter the circumstances.

Hence, We Can brag those arbitrary arrests and intimidation The NEWS experienced in the past were never based on unprofessionalism, but purely truth telling, which has always been and continues to be our best defense; though it did not please state authorities at the time, but it was in the interest of the people whom we swore to serve.

Since Its Creation, The NEWS has always put the interest of the people and country supreme, something we are committed to doing under this new dispensation. We can assure that our reportage will not undermine the peace and stability of Liberia, because this is the only country that we have and must protect no matter what the odds.

Again, As We celebrate 30 years of existence, we recommit ourselves to upholding professionalism to its highest level.



Source link